Prefix Broker Procedures
We work according to the principle that all parties involved in a transaction will receive full entitlement after the completion of the transaction. Prefix Broker guides the process and ensures that the transaction is completed in a professional, transparent and correct manner.
Upon receiving a request or quote we check if the provider is authorized to trade, and contact the requesting party. As an additional service we can manage and clean the IP blocks involved. This ensures the buyer that they will receive a so-called clean IP block.
All payments are handled by a Prefix Broker selected notary. The notary manages the funds through a third-party account until the transaction is completed and the RIPE IPv4 addresses are registered to their new owner. After receiving a registration confirmation from RIPE we will instruct the notary to finalize the payment to the selling party.
What can Prefix Broker do for you?We handle all paperwork on both the supplier and the buyer side. Our consultants are very familiar with the RIPE procedures and as a matter of fact contributed to, and helped with, writing the current RIPE Region policies. We can clean up IP blocks so that you as buyer will never be faced with unpleasant surprises. We mediate in between parties and organize all arrangements needed in order to complete a transaction of IPv4 addresses.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- The price per IP as requested by the seller
- The Broker fee of Prefix Broker (10% of the price per IP)
- The Notary fee or ESCROW fee of 450 Euro
- Broker services/consultancy in the field of procedures and IP addressing
- Pre – transaction: technical consultancy
- Legal services: merge, Research, RIPE
- Creating the proper files for the transfer. Prefix Broker is the intermediate between buyer and seller
- Prefix broker can communicate on behalf of the seller or buyer with RIPE if desired
- Post transaction: RIPE registration, handling and aftercare
Legacy or Early Registration addresses are not covered by the RIPE Policies and therefore when selling or buying Legacy or Early Registration IP Space, you are selling or buying the actual property of IP addresses instead of handing over or obtaining a license of use.
Please contact Prefix Broker, if you have questions or queries regarding the availability of IPv4 addresses.
- A valid (not older then 2 years) Chamber of commerce registration including a persons authorized to sign in behalf of…. (Buyer and Seller) for the purchase contract and the RIPE transfer document
- a print screen of the LIR billing page with the LIR name visible in the right hand (upper) corner
- Vat number and Bank information from Buyer and Seller
- A full name, date, place, country of birth of the person signing the sales contract and the transfer agreement as listed in the chamber of commerce registration